Saturday, February 05, 2005

Commissioner Blair Puts Crab Hold on Pronoun

From: Brian Blair
To: lee
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: You are very Special
I have really grown to appreciate you Lee.You are truly one of a kind (in a good way) and I enjoy your Journalism lower-case "j" each week; keep up the great work!

BB
----- Original Message -----
From: lee
To: brianblair2004@earthlink.net ; Brian Blair
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 11:03 PM
Subject: Re: You are very Special
Commissioner Blair:

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

You would make mine happier if you would use "me" instead of "I" below. Dr.Earl Lennard provides sufficient grammar-punctuation errors for those in public life in the Bay Area. Don't supplement his efforts.

You must use the objective case of a pronoun that acts object of the preposition "for" in your message below or forfeit your place in grammar heaven. You can trust me as memberof Grammar Seraphim of Paradise to assure you that anybody who abuses pronoun case at Yuletide will not get into Grammar Heaven but will go straight to Grammar Hell.

Joyeux Noël à notre cher commissaire,

lee drury de cesare
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Blair
To: brianblair2004@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 10:43 PM
Subject: You are very Special
Dear Friends,

Thank you for allowing my family and I me to be just a fragment of your life. If one of you who I/we know, were not part of our lives, it would not have been the will of our Creator. Please reflect upon the true meaning of the season.

Warmest Regards and our Best Wishes for the New Year,

Brian, Toni, Brett and Bradley

1 Comments:

Blogger twinkobie said...

Good eye: You are hired as my editor. I should have said I was one of the seraphim or seraphs. But I am warming to the idea of being plural. Plural means I get at least six wings since one seraph has three, I believe. Six wings are better than three. I pick being plural for the wing span.
lee

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free webpage hit counter